Key Secured Credit Card®
Build your credit.1 Enjoy progress.
A strong credit history can help you on your financial path. Whether you’re ready to establish your credit history or want to improve it, a Key Secured Credit Card can help you make progress.
|Late Payment Fee||
Up to $40
|Minimum Interest Charge||
- Secured by a minimum deposit greater than or equal to $300 in a Key Active Saver® account3 (up to $5,000).
- Save while you build your credit.1 Your deposit must be kept in a Key Active Saver account - use it to secure your credit card and grow your savings.
- Know you’re building your credit. Unlike prepaid or debit cards, this credit card reports your history to credit bureaus.
- Keep making progress. We’ll review your account twice each year to determine if you meet the criteria to graduate to an unsecured credit card.
- Know your credit score. Opt in to view your FICO® Score anytime without impacting your credit score in KeyBank online and mobile banking.4
- Stay secure. With our temporary lock security feature, you can easily use online or mobile banking to lock and unlock a misplaced credit card. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your card can’t be used. Plus, you’ll gain time to find your card, potentially avoiding having to cancel it and open a new one.
- Contactless – Just Tap and Go®.
Know your FICO® Score
Opt in to check your FICO® Score for free anytime in online and mobile banking. It’s quick, easy and won’t impact your credit score. To see if yours is available, sign on today.
For more detailed information on Mastercard benefits for your card, call 1-800-MC-ASSIST.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t have a Key Active Saver account yet, you’ll need to open one along with your Key Secured Credit Card. If you’re already a KeyBank client, you can apply for your Key Secured card online, and opening a Key Active Saver account is as easy as checking a box. If you’re applying in a branch, your banker will talk to you about opening your Key Active Saver account, too. Remember, you’ll need a Key Active Saver account to maintain the deposit amount equal to your credit line.
If you graduate to an unsecured KeyBank credit card or close your KeyBank Secured Credit Card, you’ll have access to the deposit in your Key Active Saver account.
To help you establish your credit, your credit card history will be reported to the three major federal credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
This card is for purchases only, and you can use it for purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted including in stores, online and in apps. To help keep you on track, it doesn’t offer cash advances, convenience checks, or balance transfers. Transactions that are considered cash advances include: ATM and point of sale withdrawals; wire transfers; and buying foreign currency, traveler's checks, money orders, lottery tickets, or gambling chips and wagers.
Use of the Key Secured Credit Card can help build your credit when the minimum payment is made by the due date, each month.
Please see the cardmember agreement for rates and fees associated with this card.
The monthly maintenance service charge on the Key Active Saver account will be waived for Key Secured Credit Card clients. The monthly maintenance service charge waiver is only valid as long as the Key Secured Credit Card remains open. If you are graduated to an unsecured card or close your Key Secured Credit Card account, the Key Active Saver monthly maintenance service charge of $4.00 may apply, unless you are the owner on a KeyBank consumer checking account (including KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®).
Clients with newly opened credit card accounts may not see their first FICO® Score in online and mobile banking for up to 90 days after enrollment. In certain circumstances, a FICO® Score may not be available for various reasons, e.g., having a limited credit history. FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
The creditor and issuer of this credit card is KeyBank N.A., pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and Tap & Go are registered trademarks, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Subject to funds being appropriately deposited and credit approval.
Find a Branch or ATM