Foreign Currency Exchange
Having foreign currency available from the start of your trip makes it easier to get around when you go abroad. Exchange your dollars at any KeyBank branch so you’re ready for your travels.
Foreign Currency Exchange Services include:
- Competitive exchange rates and rates for selling back unused currency
- Better rates for larger dollar amounts
- Currency arrives within two days of your order
Access to 94 currencies, including:
- Euro (accepted in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain)
- British Pound Sterling
- Canadian Dollars
- Mexican Pesos
- Japanese Yen
Foreign Currency Exchange FAQs
- When will my foreign currency arrive?
There is a quick, two-day turnaround for currency purchases of less than $600 USD, and next-business-day for orders of $600 USD or more.
- When will I receive payment after selling currency to the bank?
Once the currency is shipped, your account will be credited upon verification the day it's received.
- What is the maximum amount of currency I can buy, sell or exchange?
You must purchase a minimum of $300 USD. There is no limit to the amount you can sell to KeyBank.
- What fees will I be charged?
There is a shipping and handling charge, which depends on the service you choose:
- Standard – $10
- Priority Overnight Delivery – available for an additional $15 fee
- Why are the rates different than those advertised in the newspaper?
Rates published in the daily paper are inter-bank exchange rates based on electronic transfers of $1 million or more. The exchange rates we offer are competitive with those offered by local banks or exchange bureaus and are better than what you would receive at an airport exchange.