Make a Mortgage Payment
Keep your budget on track knowing your mortgage payments are made on time, every time. Key has several convenient payment options for you to make your payments as quickly and easily as possible.
KeyBank Mortgage Payment Options
Remember, your payment will be considered effective on the date it’s received, and payments made after the cutoff time will be effective the next day.
- What should I do if I’m late on my payment?
- What do I do if I missed my payment?
If you missed a payment, please contact us at 1-866-325-9677.
- My address changed for my mortgage, where do I get an address change form?
To change an address, the primary mortgage holder can call 1-800-422-2442 or use the form on the back of the detachable stub that comes on your monthly mortgage bill.
- I have misplaced or have not received my monthly invoice. Do I still need to make a payment?
Yes, you must still make your payment. If you want to, you can view and print copies of your monthly statement in KeyBank online banking.
You can pay your bill through online or mobile banking, by phone, by mail or at a nearby branch, without having your statement with you.
To confirm the monthly payment amount, call mortgage customer service at 1-800-422-2442.
If you would like to make your payment by mail, write your account number on your check and mail your payment to:
- KeyBank Mortgage Payment Processing
P.O. Box 94588
Cleveland, OH 44101-4588
- KeyBank Mortgage Payment Processing
- When are my payments due?
Most of KeyBank’s mortgages are due on the 1st of the month, but please refer to your loan closing documentation, first payment letter or monthly statement to confirm your payment date, or call mortgage customer service at 1-800-422-2442.
- Can I make my mortgage payment with a credit card?
No. Your monthly payment must be drafted from a checking or savings account.
- Will you accept less than the total amount due?
In certain situations, we will accept a partial mortgage payment. However, it cannot be applied to your loan until we have received enough funds to satisfy a regular payment. To learn about your options, call mortgage customer service at 1-800-422-2442.
If you are having difficulty making your payments, visit our Borrower Assistance. We may have a program available to assist you.
- If I make an additional principal payment to my loan, how will the funds be applied to my mortgage?
Once your regular payment has been satisfied, any additional funds left over will be applied to your mortgage as a "Principal Only" payment. Note, we can only process the principal payment if your current month’s payment has been received, your loan is not delinquent and you have no outstanding fees.
- If my payment is due on the 1st and I have a 15-day grace period, when would a late charge be assessed?
Late charges and grace periods vary in accordance with the mortgage note. Most mortgage payments are due on the 1st of the month and have a 15-day grace period. If your payment is not received before the grace period ends, a late charge will be assessed at the end of business on the 16th day.
- I need help making my mortgage loan payments. Who can I contact for assistance?
Hardships can come in many forms. Unemployment, decrease of income, declining property value, divorce, injury or illness – these are all considered hardships. If you are experiencing a hardship that is making it difficult for you to pay your bills, there may be help.
If you are having difficulty making your payments, visit our Borrower Assistance page. We may have a program available to assist you.
- My loan is currently set up for ACH service. What happens if my mortgage payment is returned due to insufficient funds?
If your mortgage payment is returned due to insufficient funds, we will send a letter to notify you that your payment has been returned. You will need to use a different payment method (like making your payment at a local branch or paying by phone) to make up this payment. Once your loan is current, the ACH service will go back into effect on the next scheduled payment date.
- I would like to change or cancel my ACH service. How do I do that?
You may want to adjust the amount of your payment, use a different account or make another change to your ACH payment service. To do so, complete and submit a new ACH Form with the new information.
To cancel your ACH payment service, call 1-800-422-2442 or write us at 4910 Tiedeman Rd., Brooklyn, OH 44144. It usually takes three business days to process your request, and when you cancel by phone, an ACH cancellation letter will be mailed to you on the date the service is canceled.
- What is an e-statement or paperless statement?
Electronic statements are available online for your convenience and the safety of your account information. There are no fees to receive your statements online. When you receive them electronically, you reduce the risk of identity theft, eliminate having to store them, and get immediate access to view, print or save statements/documents.
- How do I sign up to receive my mortgage statement electronically (by e-statements or paperless statements)?
- Sign on to KeyBank online or mobile banking.
- Select the mortgage account.
- At the top of the screen, select "statements."
- Change the "Enroll in Paperless Statements" toggle to on (green) and read and agree to the "online statement and document delivery authorization" disclosure.
Once you’re enrolled, your statements will no longer be mailed to you in paper form. You may change your preferences at any time by following the above steps and clicking the toggle button again.
- How can I pay my loan off more quickly?
The best way to pay your loan off more quickly is to make additional principal payments in addition to your required minimum payments. This will save on interest and shorten the length of time required to pay off your loan in full. If your account is current and you satisfy the required minimum payment, any additional payment you send is applied to the principal balance on your loan. If you prefer, you can also use the transfer feature in online banking and select "Principal Only." As a reminder, principal-only payments do not satisfy your required payment for the cycle and your regular minimum payment is still due.
- How do I obtain payoff information for my KeyBank mortgage?
For more information regarding payoff, call mortgage customer service at 1-800-422-2442.
- When will I receive the papers verifying my loan has been paid in full?
A paid-in-full letter is mailed 7 business days after the loan payoff is posted to the account. Additional documentation will be mailed in accordance with state guidelines.
- How long does it take to receive the remaining funds in my escrow account after my loan is paid in full?
A check will be issued within 20 business days of the date your loan is paid in full.
- If I am closing on my house, or have requested a Payoff Statement, do I still need to make my payment this month?
Yes. It is important that you continue to submit your monthly payment as you normally would. If your payment is submitted using our ACH program, notify us at least 3-5 days in advance of the next scheduled draft so your ACH can be canceled. Should the payment be deducted from your bank account after your loan is paid in full, we will return it to you within two weeks.