Find a Location
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We have standard overdraft services that may come with your account.
At KeyBank’s discretion, we do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
KeyBank does not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions (purchases made with your debit card on a day-to-day basis*).
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay every type of transaction. When an overdraft is paid, standard overdraft fees may be assessed. If you do not consent to Overdraft Services, however, you may be able to minimize your risk of incurring overdraft charges.
There are three convenient ways to provide your Overdraft Services consent or to find and/or change your current Overdraft Services option:
- Online Banking:
- Select the account you wish to enroll
- Click on the red “More” button at the top right; additional buttons will then appear
- Click on the “Financial Details” button
- Select “Standard overdraft services consent”
For any additional accounts you’d like to enroll in overdraft services, just follow the same steps for each account.
- Call 888-725-7606
- Go to any KeyBank branch or contact your Relationship Manager
You may also have the option of not allowing KeyBank to pay any transactions when your account does not contain sufficient available funds. Please contact your KeyBank branch or your Relationship Manager for more information.
*Excludes all checks and automatic bill payments.