Health Savings Account (HSA)
Tax-free savings for healthcare costs
A KeyBank HSA helps you save and pay for medical costs. Your contributions are pre-tax and your withdrawals are tax-free, giving you the full benefit of your savings.
$0 with Relationship1
|Minimum Opening Deposit||
|Monthly maintenance fee||
$0 with Relationship or minimum $500 balance
Tiered to account balance, compounded daily
- You and your employer can contribute to your account
- Employee contributions are made pre-tax, and interest and withdrawals are tax-free
- To qualify, you must have a high deductible healthcare plan, cannot be enrolled in Medicare or have been claimed as a dependent on someone’s taxes last year2
- Withdrawals must be for qualified medical expenses3
- Keep the account if you leave your employer, relocate or become unemployed
- Funds carry over to the next year
- Choose to invest some of your HSA savings with a KIS HSA Investment Account
- Manage your money with online banking and Key Bill Pay
Relationship means you have another KeyBank checking account or a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®, or your employer has a KeyBank business checking account and has signed the KeyBank Health Savings Account Employer Referral Agreement.
The IRS determines eligibility for HSAs. For the most up-to-date information, visit irs.gov.
Periodically Key changes fees/service charges and balance requirements. The fees/service charges and balance requirements displayed for these accounts are those in effect today. Please refer to the Personal Deposit Account Fees and Disclosures ("Disclosures") for specific fees/service charges, balance requirements, any anticipated changes and all other account information. Please note that if the fees/service charges and balance requirements displayed differ from those in the Disclosures, those in the Disclosures will apply.
If you close your account within 180 days, you will be charged an account early closure fee of $25.00.
See IRS Publication 502 for a detailed list of qualified medical expenses.
HSA checking account is provided by KeyBank National Association (KeyBank), Member FDIC.
Please read our Agreements and Disclosures. If you opened your deposit account online within the last 90 days, you may also review the original agreements and disclosures provided to you.