Skip the Bank Line
Visit more than 40,000 KeyBank ATMs and Allpoint ATMs nationwide.
We’ve recently made some changes to our KeyBank ATMs. Upgrades such as new touchscreens, a feature that allows you to set your personal preferences, and the ability to request different denominations are all designed to let you get what you need quickly and get back to your day. With convenient locations, strict security, and features that save time, Key ATMs help you bank on the go.
KeyBank ATM Features
Features vary between ATMs, and all options are shown on the machine’s main menu.
- Touchscreen capability
- Set preferences (Remember Me)
- Deposit checks and cash
- Withdraw cash in specific denominations, such as $5, $20, and $50
- Check balances
- Get mini statements
- Change your ATM PIN
Set Your Preferences on KeyBank ATMs
Save time with Remember Me.
Select Remember Me on the main menu of KeyBank ATMs to set your profile on every preference-enabled KeyBank ATM.
- Use Remember Me to set your Preferences for the following: English, Español, and Français
- Use Remember Me to set your: "Fast Cash" withdrawal amount
- When using the "Fast Cash" feature, if the amount is under $300, you will receive $20 bills. If it’s $300 or above, you will receive $50 bills unless you adjust your settings.
Plus, choose to include images of your deposited checks or the denominations of your cash receipts.
Set your Fast Cash on touchscreen KeyBank ATMs:
- At PIN entry screen, select More Services.
- At Main Menu, select Change Remember Me.
- Select My Fast Cash button.
- Select Fast Cash amount.
- Enter Fast Cash amount and select the OK button.
- In the left bottom corner, press the < Back button.
- Select the Save Remember Me button.
- At PIN entry screen, select Cash Withdrawal.
- Choose your account to withdraw cash from.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Set your bill amount using +/- icons next to each denomination.
Save time by setting your Fast Cash preferences.
Deposit a check or cash
- At PIN entry screen, select More Services, then select Deposit.
- Choose which account you’d like to deposit the check into.
- Select whether you are depositing cash, check or both.
- For check, please insert your check up to 30 at a time.
- For cash, please insert your cash up to 50 bills at a time.
Funds from check or cash deposit may not be available for immediate cash withdrawal.
Frequently Asked Questions about KeyBank and Allpoint ATMs
- Whenever I withdraw cash from a KeyBank ATM, my card is returned to me before I can make a deposit. How can I prevent that?
To reduce the amount of clients accidentally leaving their card at the ATM, we’ve upgraded our program to return the client’s card to them before they receive their cash.
To keep your card in the machine during multiple transactions, make your deposits first and/or balance inquiries and then withdraw your cash.
- The ATM did not give me my cash/I made a check/cash deposit and my account wasn’t credited. What do I do?
If the account is a KeyBank account, contact KeyBank and file a dispute. Call us at the contact center 1-800-KEY2YOU.
- My card was retained/eaten by a KeyBank ATM; how long will it take to get it back?
- If the card is a non-KeyBank card or a closed/inactive KeyBank card, it will be destroyed for the client’s security.
- If the client’s active card is captured at a branch ATM during regular business hours, the client can enter the branch and show identification to retrieve the card. Otherwise, the client can call the branch or the branch will make contact with them. Once contact is made, the client will have one week to pick up the card. After the one-week period, if the card hasn’t been picked up, it will be destroyed for the client’s security.
- If the client’s card is captured at a KeyBank ATM that is not serviced by a branch, the card will be destroyed for the client’s security and the cardholder will have to contact KeyBank to order a new card.
- Why won’t the buttons work on the KeyBank ATM?
We’ve recently upgraded our KeyBank ATMs to touchscreen capability. Gently tap on the screen graphics / buttons to make your selections.
The function keys on both sides of the screen are no longer functional.1
- When withdrawing $300 or more from a KeyBank ATM, how can I receive cash in specific denominations rather than all $50 bills?
When making a regular cash withdrawal from a KeyBank ATM, you will land on the denomination selection screen where you will see +/- icons next to the denomination amount. The selection starts with the fewest bills available.
You can adjust the amount of bills you would like using the +/- icons next to each denomination amount, choosing how much of each $5, $20, and $50 denomination you’d like to receive.
- When will my ATM deposit be available?
Cash deposits made at KeyBank ATMs before 7:00 p.m. local time on business days will be available the same day.
Check deposits made at KeyBank ATMs before 7:00 p.m. local time on business days will have $100 available the same day, and the rest the following day. Longer delays may apply.
Deposits made at KeyBank ATMs after 7:00 p.m. on business days or anytime on weekends or legal holidays will be considered deposited on the next business day.
- How many checks can be deposited at a KeyBank ATM at one time?
You can deposit up to thirty checks at a time.
- How many bills can be deposited at a KeyBank ATM at one time?
You can deposit up to fifty bills at a time.
- How does KeyBank safeguard the health of clients and teammates in its branches and at ATMs?
The health and safety of you and our teammates is our top priority. All KeyBank branches are taking the following precautions:
- Hand sanitizer for you and our team.
- Plexiglass wellness barriers for teller windows, bankers’ desks and other areas in the bank where clients are served.
- Signage and floor markings to encourage social distancing.
- In addition to following state and local social distancing regulations, our team will wear masks. We welcome you to wear a mask as well, following local guidelines.
- Occupancy limits.
- Enhanced the frequency and cleaning procedures for each of our ATMs, branches, and drive-thrus.
- Daily team health screenings and reinforcement of best health practices.
- Direction for our teams to stay home from work if COVID-19 symptoms are present.
- What is the Allpoint network?
Allpoint is a network of 55,000 ATMs through which eligible KeyBank checking account clients will have surcharge-free access. The network has 40,000 locations throughout the United States, and 15,000 additional ATMs in Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, and Australia. Some fees may apply for use of ATMs outside of the United States.
- What are common Allpoint locations?
Allpoint ATMs are found in many popular retail stores — places you already know, and shop at every day. Allpoint ATMs can be found at Target, Walgreens, CVS, Speedway, and many other convenient locations. In fact, one out of every twelve ATMs in the US participates.
- What account types are eligible for Allpoint?
With the exception of the KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®, all clients in KeyBank’s personal checking products are eligible for Allpoint when they use their KeyBank Debit Mastercard®. Savings, Business and Hassle-Free accounts are not eligible for Allpoint.
- How do I know if my account is eligible for Allpoint?
Review the first six digits of your KeyBank Debit Mastercard®. Eligible cards start with:
If your card is not on this list and you are interested in surcharge-free access to the Allpoint network, visit a local branch for a Key Financial Wellness Review®.
- Can I use my ATM card at Allpoint ATMs with no fee?
To make a surcharge-free withdrawal or balance inquiry, you must use your KeyBank Debit Mastercard®. ATM cards do not have surcharge-free access to Allpoint ATMs.
- I found an Allpoint ATM on the locator but has another bank’s logo on it – will that bank charge me for using the machine?
Many Allpoint ATMs look like they are operated by other banks or credit unions, however all ATMs listed on the locator are part of the Allpoint network and are surcharge free for eligible debit cards. Just look for the Allpoint sticker on the lower part of the ATM.
- The surcharge screen appeared when I attempted a transaction – will I get charged a fee?
No. The surcharge screen is there to notify customers of other institutions who are not part of the Allpoint network. Just press "Yes" to accept the fee and continue with your transaction. Key clients will not be charged a surcharge when using eligible debit cards.
- How can I find an Allpoint ATM?
Just look for the Allpoint sticker on the lower part of the ATM or use the ATM locator on key.com to find a surcharge-free ATM in the US near you. To locate international ATMs, please visit https://www.allpointnetwork.com/locator.aspx.
- Is there a limit to how much money I can withdraw from an ATM in one day?
Yes, for account security, KeyBank does have daily withdrawal limits based on the card you use. The limits are set as default or standard limits, but to give you the flexibility you need with your money, you are able to easily request a different daily maximum ATM or purchase limit. (At some ATMs, maximum withdrawal amounts may be limited due to machine constraints, and multiple transactions may be necessary to obtain the total amount you want.)
To find the standard limits for your card, visit Agreements and Disclosures.
- Do the daily withdrawal limits include purchases?
Yes, your total daily withdrawals and purchases may not exceed the daily limit for a single card, even if the card is connected to more than one account.
- How can I increase my daily withdrawal limits?
You can request to increase the limit on your card by visiting any KeyBank branch. In emergency situations, you may request an increase by calling 1-800-KEY2YOU® (539-2968).
For clients using a TDD/TTY device, please call 1-800-539-8336.