KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®
A no monthly fee, checkless account.
A checkless account with the chip-secure debit card, easy online banking and convenient locations you need, and none of the fees you don’t.
|Minimum Opening Deposit|| |
|Monthly Maintenance Service Charge|| |
|Online Banking with Bill Pay||
1,200+ branches, 1,500+ ATMs
- No minimum balance fee, so you can focus on your finances, worry free.
- Great digital features. Deposit checks from your mobile phone, pay bills and auto-schedule payments all in online banking or with the mobile app.
- No monthly transaction requirement, just use your account when you want to.
- No overdraft or non-sufficient funds fees.
- Go checkless. You can avoid check ordering and see all of your payments instantly in online banking.
- KeyBank Debit Mastercard® with chip security.
- Plus, use our financial wellness tool to keep forming better financial habits, set goals and celebrate successes.
Common Questions About the KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®
- How do I pay individuals or businesses?
No checks, no problem. This is a checkless account with digital features that make paying just about anyone quick and easy. You can pay people or businesses using automatic payment deductions, wire transfers, online bill pay, debit or credit cards. Bill Pay makes it safe secure and easy to pay bills; use it to pay almost anyone you'd normally pay by check. You maintain control, determining when and how much to pay. Best of all, bill pay is a free feature of online and mobile banking.
- Is it possible to overdraw my KeyBank Hassle-Free Account?
If you do not have sufficient funds available in your KeyBank Hassle-Free Account to cover a transaction, this may cause the transaction to be declined.
However, based on how the payment transaction was presented to KeyBank and whether the merchant requested available balance verification, it is possible a payment could be posted to your account resulting in an overdraft situation.
In the rare case that your account is overdrawn, KeyBank will not charge you an overdraft or NSF (non-sufficient fund) fee.
- Is it possible to order checks for this account?
No. The KeyBank Hassle-Free Account is a checkless account. Any checks presented to KeyBank for payment will not be paid from this account and will be returned for non-sufficient funds. (It is important to note, you may be charged a fee by the merchant for any transaction KeyBank declines to pay against your account.)
If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25.00 account early closure fee. Other miscellaneous charges apply.
Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Please read our Agreements and Disclosures. If you opened your deposit account online within the last 90 days, you may also review the original agreements and disclosures provided to you.