Compare Savings Accounts
Open in minutes and start saving today.
Take a step toward saving for your future and get closer to your goals with a KeyBank savings account. Whether you’ve been saving for a few days or much longer, we’ve got an account to meet your needs.
Compare Savings Accounts
Key Active Saver accounts are designed to help you save, earn interest and avoid fees, all while enjoying overdraft protection. Earn a higher interest rate by enrolling in HelloWallet and increasing your Financial Wellness Score.1
We're here to take your savings to the next level with Key Silver Money Market Savings®. The greater your balance, the higher your interest rate. Enjoy the benefits of overdraft protection and waivable maintenance fees.
You've worked hard to build your savings, and we’re here to help you grow your savings even more. A Key Gold Money Market Savings account builds on your solid foundation with competitive interest rates, to put all your goals within reach.
A KeyBank HSA helps you save and pay for medical costs. Your contributions are pre-tax and your withdrawals are tax-free, giving you the full benefit of your savings.
It's never too early to start saving. That's why the KEY4KIDS Savings Accounts gives kids under 18 the opportunity to save and manage their money, with adult supervision.
Please read our Agreements and Disclosures. If you opened your deposit account online within the last 90 days, you may also review the original agreements and disclosures provided to you.
Subject to the terms of the Savings Overdraft Protection Agreement.
The following requirements must be met in order to waive the monthly Maintenance Service Charge on each type of savings account listed in the chart above:
The $4.00 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Active Saver Account will be waived if one of the following requirements is met:
- Keep a Daily Balance of $300.00 or more during the month
- Make a monthly direct deposit of at least $5.00 in your Key Active Saver Account
- Set up a recurring monthly online banking transfer of $5.00 or more from another KeyBank deposit account to your Key Active Saver Account
- Full enrollment in KeyBank's HelloWallet program with a Financial Wellness Score greater than zero (0)
The $18.00 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Gold Money Market Savings Account will be waived if both of the following requirements are met:
- The Daily Balance is $25,000.00 or more during the monthly statement period AND
- Maintain a KeyBank consumer relationship package checking account
The $12.00 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Key Silver Money Market Savings Account will be waived if one of the following requirements is met:
- The Minimum Daily Balance is $5,000.00 or more during the monthly statement cycle
- A monthly direct deposit of at least $25.00 is credited to your Key Silver Money Market Savings Account during the monthly statement cycle
- A recurring monthly online banking transfer of $25.00 or more from another KeyBank deposit account is transferred to your Key Silver Money Market Savings Account during the monthly statement cycle
- You must also either currently have or open a Key Advantage®, Key Privilege® Checking or Key Privilege Select® Checking Account to be eligible.
The $2.50 or $5.00 monthly Maintenance Service Charge for Health Savings Account will be waived if both of the following requirements are met:
- The Monthly Daily Balance is $500.00 or more during the monthly statement period AND
- Direct deposit is established.
There is no monthly Maintenance Service Charge for KEY4KIDS®.
This Account can earn interest based on two different interest rate structures. These variable interest rate structures are referred to as Standard Interest and Financial Wellness Interest. You are eligible for Financial Wellness Interest only if you are enrolled in HelloWallet through KeyBank’s Online Banking, have a Financial Wellness Score greater than zero (0) and the balance in the Account is $0.01-$24,999.99. Balances of $25,000 and above will earn Standard Interest on the entire balance. The accounts pay interest for all tiers at a variable rate that may change at any time after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
This minimum opening deposit must come from funds not currently held in accounts at KeyBank or its affiliates.