Key Possibilities MasterCard FAQs
About KeyBank MasterCard Gift Card
- What is a Key Possibilities® MasterCard® gift card?
- Our Key Possibilities card is a great alternative to cash, checks, and store-specific gift cards. It is a prepaid card that can be given to anyone, for any occasion, and allows the recipient the flexibility to choose his or her gift. Purchases can be made in person, through catalogs, or online anywhere Debit MasterCard® cards are accepted.
- Is my Key Possibilities gift card a credit card?
No. The Key Possibilities card is a prepaid card that can be used everywhere Debit MasterCard cards are accepted. The card is loaded with a fixed amount at the time of purchase. Each time the card is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance. Your card is not a credit card, but you could use the card exactly like you would use a credit card to make a purchase.
- Where do I purchase a Key Possibilities gift card?
The Key Possibilities card can be purchased by anyone 18 years or older, issued, and immediately activated at any KeyBank branch. To place a bulk order, please contact your KeyBank relationship manager or local branch. The maximum value that can be purchased and loaded to a Key Possibilities card for a non-customer is $500 per day.
- Does the Key Possibilities gift card expire?
Key Possibilities gift cards are valid until the "Good Thru" date shown on the face of the card. We encourage the cardholder to use the entire balance before the card expires.
- How much does the Key Possibilities gift card cost?
The instant issue Key Possibilities gift card has a low card issuance fee per card, regardless of the denomination.
Using KeyBank MasterCard Gift Card
- What happens if my gift card balance is used up?
The Key Possibilities gift card is disposable; no additional value can be added to it.
- Are there fees associated with using the Key Possibilities gift card?
Yes, if your card was purchased on or after 8/19/2010, only the card issuance fee of $3.95 applies for the Key Possibilities gift card.
For cards purchased prior to 8/19/2010, the following fees apply:
FEE DESCRIPTION FEE Card Issuance Fee $3.95 ATM Withdrawal / Cash Advance Fee $1.00 ATM Balance Inquiry $0.25 Refund Processing Fee $9.95 Monthly Maintenance Fee** $2.50
**There is a monthly fee charged against any unused balance on the card beginning twelve months after the date the card was issued/purchased, or one month after the expiration date, whichever comes first.
- Why did my purchase get denied?
The card's available balance is probably less than the purchase amount. You may inform the merchant of the remaining balance on the card and use another form of payment to pay the difference, subject to the policy of the merchant. Your transaction will not be approved unless you have sufficient funds to cover the entire transaction amount including taxes, tips, and fees. Some restaurants may add a tip to your bill automatically before attempting an authorization. Be sure to always be aware of your balance. If you prefer not to pay a tip on your Key Possibilities gift card, alert your server. Keep track of your Key Possibilities gift card balance so you don't try to make purchases for more than the amount remaining on your card.
- Can I use the Key Possibilities gift card at an ATM to withdraw money?
Yes, you can use the Key Possibilities® MasterCard® Gift Card at any KeyBank ATM or ATM displaying the STAR® Cirrus® acceptance mark. Simply insert the card and type in the 4-digit PIN that was given with the card at the time of purchase. When prompted, select “Withdrawal” and then “Checking.” Proceed as usual by entering the amount you wish to withdraw. Your withdrawal limit is $300 per day, not to exceed the value of the card.
- How do I know the original value of my Key Possibilities gift card?
The card carrier of your Key Possibilities gift card will have the denomination on it. You will also be given a receipt for your purchase amount.
- How can I use my card to purchase gas?
Key Possibilities gift card will not be authorized for "pay at the pump" purchases. We suggest you go into the store, give your card to the attendant, and sign for the purchase.
- Why are my purchases online (or by telephone) denied when I know the balance is sufficient for my purchase?
It is possible that the address used at the time the card was purchased is different than your current address. Online and telephone merchants verify your "billing address" at the time of your purchase, to ensure it matches the address on file for your card. You must wait 24 business hours from the time the card is purchased to allow the address to be updated.
- How do I check my available MasterCard gift card balance?
You may obtain information about the unused monetary value by calling us 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-888-881-8969. You will need your card number and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Who to Contact
- What should I do if my Key Possibilities gift card is lost or stolen?
Call Customer Service toll free at 1-888-881-8969 to cancel your Key Possibilities gift card as soon as possible, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After the card is cancelled, we will refund any remaining balance.
- What should I do if I have a dispute with the merchant over a purchase made with my Key Possibilities gift card?
In case of errors or questions about your use of the Key Possibilities gift card, telephone our Customer Service at 1-888-881-8969. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after the receipt was issued on which the problem or error appeared.
- What should I do if I think there is an error on a transaction made with my Key Possibilities gift card?
In case of an error on your account, contact us Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 9:00 pm EST at 1-888-881-8969, or write us at:
P.O. Box 1803
Dayton, Ohio 45401-1803.