KeyBank Loan Assist Program
Getting your financial life on track begins with good credit.
A good credit history is what lenders rely on to determine if someone is a good candidate for a loan, credit card, or other credit product. However, many people don’t have experience with credit, have had trouble building credit, or need to reestablish their credit. The KeyBank Loan Assist Program could be the answer.
$500 to $3,500
Up to 48 months1
|Manage in Online Banking||
- Flexible terms up to 48 months
- No collateral required
- Build savings
- Access to financial wellness tools, including a free Key Financial Wellness Review®
- Provides an opportunity to build or rebuild credit history
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are approved, KeyBank makes a "loan" to you. The loan proceeds are put into a KeyBank savings account where they earn interest, but the funds won’t be available for you to withdraw until the loan is repaid. You then begin making on-time monthly payments. Once you’ve repaid the loan amount, the money in the savings account – plus any interest earned – is made available and can be withdrawn to use any way you want.
Making on-time payments for a minimum of 12 months helps you establish and demonstrate a satisfactory credit history. If you’re willing to go with a longer term, such as 24 months, you will benefit even more. Remember, the overall goal is building a credit history for yourself.
Once the loan is paid off, the hold is removed and you have access to the funds including any interest earned.
No. If you don’t have a KeyBank savings account, you will need to open one to have access to the Loan Assist Program.
Please refer to specific account disclosures for details. The actual rate and payment amount may vary and is determined by the product, term, loan amount and your credit qualifications.
As an example, if you were to borrow $2,000 for 48 months at the rate of 2.99% your monthly payment would be $44.26. Normal checking or savings account service charges apply.
To apply, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live within the following states: AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, PA, UT, VT, or WA
- Agree to provide additional personal and business information, if requested, such as tax returns and financial statements
- Certify that all information submitted in the application is true and correct
- Authorize the bank and/or a credit bureau to investigate the information on the application
All credit products are subject to credit approval.
Rates and Fees apply. Ask us for details.
Key.com is a federally registered service mark of KeyCorp.
Find a Branch or ATM