Key Advantage Checking® Account
An interest-bearing checking account.
With an interest-bearing checking account that has money saving features and all the convenience of traditional checking, you can let your money work as hard as you do.
|Minimum Opening Deposit|| |
|Monthly Maintenance Service Charge|| |
|Online Banking with Bill Pay||
1,200+ branches, 1,500+ ATMs
- Full service, interest-bearing checking account.
- Reimbursement of non-Key ATM surcharges, up to $6 monthly, so you can access your money wherever it’s convenient.2
- Ways to waive the monthly fee include, having at least $10,000 in combined Key account balances or auto deducting at least $500 for a KeyBank mortgage payment.1
- KeyBank Debit Mastercard® with chip security.
- 50% off every time you order checks.
- Plus, use our financial wellness tool to keep forming better financial habits, set goals and celebrate successes.
There is no monthly Maintenance Service Charge if any of the following requirements are met:
- The combined balance in any combination of KeyBank checking and savings deposit accounts, certificates of deposit, retirement deposits, investment account* (including annuity balances reflected on your KIS account statement) and credit accounts was $10,000.00 or more.
- You have a mortgage originated through KeyBank and you have an automatic payment deduction plan via ACH deducting $500.00 or more from your Key Advantage Money Market Checking Account during a statement cycle. If your mortgage automatic payment deduction plan should be discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirements to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge.
- You are a Key@Work program member and you have direct deposits totaling $1000.00 or more credited to your Key Advantage Money Market Checking Account during a statement cycle. If you should leave your current employer and direct deposits have been discontinued, you may be subject to the combined balance requirement to avoid the monthly Maintenance Service Charge until direct deposits are reinstated by your new employer.
Receive a refund of the first two (2) surcharges form other banks’ ATMs, up to $6 per month, when the withdrawals are made with your KeyBank Debit Mastercard®. The refunds do not apply when the withdrawals are made with a KeyBank ATM Card. The surcharge refund will be credited monthly to your Key Advantage Checking® account and will be reflected on your account statement.
Insurance products are offered through KeyCorp Insurance Agency USA, Inc. (KIA). KIS and KIA are affiliated with KeyBank National Association (KeyBank).
Investment and insurance products made available through KIS and KIA are:
KIS, KIA and KeyBank are separate entities, and when you buy or sell securities and insurance products you are doing business with KIS and/or KIA, and not KeyBank.
Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Please read our Agreements and Disclosures. If you opened your deposit account online within the last 90 days, you may also review the original agreements and disclosures provided to you.