Account Access for Third-Party Sites and Apps
Giving permission to use your financial data.
KeyBank provides a secure, reliable way to share data with services and apps that use your financial information for reasons such as seeing all your accounts in one place, tracking spending across accounts, or sending or receiving money. Acorns®, Mint®, and Venmo® are examples of companies that might request data access to use their services. To share this data, you'll first need to give your permission in online banking.
Please note that you don't need to turn on third-party access to send or receive money from friends and family with Zelle®.
Your Security Is Our Priority
We can safely give third-party sites and apps access to parts of your account. But remember, third-party sites are created by companies or developers other than KeyBank. So make sure you trust them before permitting them to request this data from us.
Here’s How It Works
When you sign up with a service that requests your financial data, you're giving them permission to access some of your account info. But you also need to let us know that it's OK to share info with companies like these. We won't ever share this kind of info unless you've given us permission to do so.
Third-Party Access in Online Banking
This is not available in the KeyBank mobile app.
1. Start by selecting the person icon to open the User Profile.
2. Scroll down to the Security Center section and select Third-Party Access
3. Toggle Allow Third-Party Access to On
4. Confirm that you want to give access
Frequently Asked Questions
- At any time, can I enable and disable third party sites from accessing my KeyBank account information?
Yes. You can set and change your preferences anytime in KeyBank online banking and it will be effective immediately. (This permission is not available in the mobile app).
- How does KeyBank keep my data secure?
We take the security of your data and information seriously. That’s why we use sophisticated tools, technology and training to keep the information you entrust with us safe, protected and secure. Learn more about the steps we take to ensure your privacy and security.
- What should I consider before I use a site or app that requests access to my financial data?
- How secure is this site or app? KeyBank can’t protect data on other companies’ servers. Once there, your data may be subject to different data security and privacy risks.
- How will this site or app use my data? The data may be used by the app in ways that are not obvious, such as being shared with others.
- Can I delete my data from this site or app? You may not be able to quickly or automatically delete your account or your data from its servers
- Will this site or app let me know if its policy changes? Check to see if you will be directly notified if it changes its policies and practices.
- Can any other parties see my data on this site or app? Find out whether the third party has individuals who look at your information.