Third-Party Sites & Apps with Access to Your Account
Giving permission to use your account data.
With Key, you have a secure, reliable way to share financial data with services or apps outside of KeyBank. These apps or services, such as Acorns®, Mint®, and Zelle®, might help you see all of your account data in one place, track spending across accounts, or let you send money to friends and family with ease. To use them, you’ll need to give KeyBank permission to share your data.
Your Security Is Our Priority
To help you safely share your data, KeyBank lets you give third-party sites and apps access to parts of your account. Third-party sites and apps are created by companies or developers other than KeyBank.
Here’s How It Works
When you sign up with a service that relies on your financial information, you give them permission to use some of your KeyBank account information. But, you also need to let KeyBank know that sharing that data with the third party is OK. We will only share your data when you’ve given us permission to do so.
Set Your Data Sharing Permission in Online Banking
How to enable or disable third party permission:
then scroll down to “Password and Security”
3. Toggle “Third Party Access” off or on
Frequently Asked Questions
- At any time, can I enable and disable third party sites from accessing my KeyBank account information?
Yes. You can set and change your preferences anytime in KeyBank online banking and it will be effective immediately. (This permission is not available in the mobile app).
- How does KeyBank keep my data secure?
We take the security of your data and information seriously. That’s why we use sophisticated tools, technology and training to keep the information you entrust with us safe, protected and secure. Learn more about the steps we take to ensure your privacy and security.
- What should I consider before I use a site or app that requests access to my financial data?
- How secure is this site or app? KeyBank can’t protect data on other companies’ servers. Once there, your data may be subject to different data security and privacy risks.
- How will this site or app use my data? The data may be used by the app in ways that are not obvious, such as being shared with others.
- Can I delete my data from this site or app? You may not be able to quickly or automatically delete your account or your data from its servers
- Will this site or app let me know if its policy changes? Check to see if you will be directly notified if it changes its policies and practices.
- Can any other parties see my data on this site or app? Find out whether the third party has individuals who look at your information.